What is the mission of the newly launched film industry incentive scheme ?
In 2016 the Government of Georgia introduced film industry incentive scheme “Film in Georgia”, which offers 20-25% cash rebate on qualified expenses incurred in the country for international and local production companies.
“Film in Georgia” was jointly initiated by the Ministry of Economy and Sustainable Development of Georgia and Ministry of Culture and Monument Protection of Georgia. The scheme is implemented by Enterprise Georgia.
The main objectives of the newly launched initiative is to introduce and promote Georgia as Eastern European filming destination as well as to further support already flourishing Georgian film industry by attracting more international production houses to the country.
Besides offering financial benefits the Government of Georgia tries to create favorable working environment for producers and remove any bureaucratic obstacles that may occur during the production process. To accommodate the above mentioned “One–Stop-Shop” principle was implemented in the frames of ”Film in Georgia” program which offers services like location scouting, assistance in obtaining shooting permits from governments institutions and coordination with various stakeholders.
When was “Film in Georgia” launched ?
The program was launched in January 2016…
What are some perks to filming in Georgia?
10 reason why to shoot in Georgia:
- Inspirational locations: shoot subtropical, coastal, alpine mountains, desert and beautiful forest scenes in one day
- Unique and captivating fusion of medieval and modern architecture with Asian, European, and Soviet Styles
- six climate zones and long sunny days
- Fully accessible public locations free of charge
- Competitive financial incentives: up to 25% cash back
- Easy to apply cash rebate scheme: one-stop-shop principle and no red-tape
- Business-friendly environment: flexible labor market, cheap energy, and low-taxes (#9 Low Tax Rate Economies-World Economic Forum’s Global Competitiveness Report)
- Modern infrastructure: three international airports, cargo and passenger ports, and well-connected roads and rail across Georgia
- High speed fiber-optic internet connectivity across the country
- Film friendly society
Anything else you’d like to tell the world?
“Georgia, an emerging, highly attractive Eastern European Filming Destination” this is how we see our country and strive to establish culturally diverse and economically sustainable environment for filmmaking.
“Film in Georgia” coupled with Georgia’s geographical and architectural diversity, business-friendly environment and lowest level of bureaucracy ensures pleasant and productive filmmaking process.
Georgia boasts to be among few countries in the world with a 100 year long filmmaking history. In fact Georgian cinematography has long been one of the dominant factors shaping country’s image and I believe this tendency will continue in the future as well. Throughout years of filmmaking industry related personnel accumulated valuable experience and the new generation of local film specialists is open for innovation, idea sharing and international cooperation.
Our government welcomes new businesses and is open for international visitors and investors.
The Audience Awards provides filmmakers opportunities to create short video content for brands and win money. Sign up today for your free account and join film’s community.