You’re at the right place if you’ve been wondering whether it’s worth putting your mind and money into video marketing.
If video marketing is the future, then the future is here. Forbes reports that COVID-19 has increased internet use by 70% and streaming more than 12%.
Do you have enough resources to create videos? Are enough people in your target audience interested in videos? And in the end, will it be worth the effort? In short: yes.
In this article, we will cover some of the key video marketing statistics for 2020 that will help prove to you that the right time for video marketing is now. Use these quick and easy video marketing statistics to help guide your video marketing strategy for 2020.
Before we get started with the video marketing stats, let’s quickly go through the types of video content that you can create to market your business.
One of the main video content types that businesses use is explainer video which is a short video explaining products or services. Other popular types of video content include vlogs (video blogs), video interviews, video presentations, tutorials, product reviews, product demos, recordings of live streams, video testimonials, and video ads.
Now let’s get to the data on video marketing and what it has to say. We’ve compiled the latest statistics to make sure that your video marketing strategy for 2020, is on point.
2020 Video Marketing Statistics
- 85% of all internet users in the United States watched online video content monthly on any of their devices. Which means that video content is becoming increasingly popular.
- 54% of consumers want to see more video content from a brand or business they support. This goes to show that the demand for video content is also increasing.
- 87% of marketing professionals use video as a marketing tool. More businesses are including video content as part of their digital marketing strategy.
- Videos are a consumers’ favorite type of content to see from a brand on social media. Consumers expect more video content.
- 88% of video marketers are satisfied with the ROI of their video marketing efforts on social media. Companies are using video marketing to improve their business. Among other things, this includes to increase their sales, to build brand awareness, and to keep their customers informed.
- Video marketers get 66% more qualified leads per year. This increased quality of leads could be because of the quality of education that video content brings.
- The average user spends 88% more time on a website with video. This shows that video content improves engagement on your website.
- Eight out of ten people have purchased a piece of software or app after watching a brand’s video.
- Internet users spent six hours and 48 minutes per week watching videos online in 2019.
- In 2022, 82 percent of the global internet traffic will come from video streaming and downloads.
Statistics pulled from Nielsen, Mary Meeker, and Wordstream.
The most affordable way to engage customers through video:
Marketing and advertising budgets are slashed, but video consumption is way up. AudPop provides a must-have solution to slim budgets and audience engagement. AudPop is a video network that is next-gen YouTube, built for brands first! AudPop runs turnkey video campaigns that engage your customers and their 70K global filmmakers to create videos for your brand to win prizes. They share their submissions with their social media, and your audience and leads grow.
AudPop is the easiest, most affordable way to get great video and increase sales.
With video campaigns, you receive:
1. Videos that you want/need for/about your brand and mission.
2. Customer engagement.
3. Organic reach into your customer’s social networks.
4. New sales leads through lead generation tools within the campaigns.
AudNews is the official blog for AudPop.com. AudPop provides filmmakers opportunities to advance their career, a short film library of 10,000+ titles, and a video marketing platform to provide video marketing services for brands, small businesses, nonprofits, studios, and distributors.