You’re at the right place if you’ve been wondering whether it’s worth putting your mind and money into video marketing.
If video marketing is the future, then the future is here. In 2020, Forbes reported that COVID-19 had increased internet use by 70% and streaming by more than 12%. And in the past two years, this trend has continued with more than 5 billion people now using the internet.
These statistics naturally make you wonder, Do you have enough resources to create videos to reach a digital audience? Are enough people in your target audience interested in videos? And in the end, will it be worth the effort to invest in video? In short: yes.
All About Video Marketing
In this article, we will cover some of the key video marketing statistics for 2022 that will help prove to you that the right time for video marketing is now. Use these quick and easy online video advertising statistics to help guide your video marketing strategy for 2022 and beyond. And remember, it’s never too late to begin investing in video marketing!
Before we get started with the video marketing stats, let’s quickly go through the types of video content that you can create to market your business.
One of the main video content types that businesses use is an explainer video which is a short video explaining products or services. Other popular types of video content include vlogs (video blogs), video interviews, video presentations, tutorials, product reviews, product demos, recordings of live streams, video testimonials, live videos, and video ads. You can share videos on your website or social media platforms to reach multiple audiences
Now let’s get to the data on video marketing and what it has to say. We’ve compiled the latest video marketing statistics to make sure that your overall marketing strategy for 2022 is on point.
Top Video Marketing Statistics 2022
- In 2018, people watched an average of 1.5 hours per day of online video. An independent survey shows this has risen to an average of over 2.5 hours per day in 2022.
- 87% of video marketers reported that video gives them a positive ROI — this is a world away from the 33% who felt that way in 2015. This is likely due to marketers having a better understanding of how to utilize video. 86% of marketing professionals use video as a marketing tool. More businesses are including video content as part of their digital marketing strategy.
- Videos are a consumers’ favorite type of content to see from a brand on social media. Consumers expect more video content. Many companies are turning to short-for videos and live streaming to connect with audiences.
- 86% of video marketers say video has been effective for generating leads, up another 2% from 2021 and up 5% since 2019. This increased quality of leads could be because of the quality of education that video content brings.
- More than 75% of all videos are played on mobile devices, and the majority of individuals prefer viewing videos horizontally on their devices.
- In 2022, an average person is predicted to spend 100 minutes per day watching online videos.
- Offering subtitles isn’t just ideal for accessibility, but can also attract a wider audience. 70% of Gen Z respondents to a recent survey said they use subtitles, followed by 53% of millennials, 38% of Gen X, and 35% of baby boomers. This is partly due to convenience and also the trend of silent videos.
- People are twice as likely to share video content with their friends than any other type of content. You can make your video content stand out by making sure it’s easily shareable.
As you can see from these video marketing statistics, more companies than ever are using video marketing to improve their business. Among other things, this includes increasing their sales, building brand awareness, and keeping their customers informed. Video can be a great channel to help consumers with their purchase decisions at all stages of the funnel.
Statistics pulled from Wyzowl, Hubspot, Forbes, Nielsen, Mary Meeker, and Wordstream.
The most affordable way to engage customers through video:
Marketing and advertising budgets are slashed, but video consumption is way up. AudPop provides a must-have solution to slim budgets and audience engagement. AudPop is a video network that is next-gen YouTube, built for brands first! AudPop runs turnkey video campaigns that engage your customers and their 70K global filmmakers to create videos for your brand to win prizes.
They share their submissions with their social media, and your audience and leads grow. If these video marketing statistics from 2022 tell us anything, it’s that video isn’t going anywhere. Now is the time to invest in video to support your business’s marketing goals this year and into the future.
AudPop is the easiest, most affordable way to get great video and increase sales.
WITH VIDEO CAMPAIGNS, YOU RECEIVE:
1. Videos that you want/need for/about your brand and mission.
2. Customer engagement.
3. Organic reach into your customer’s social networks.
4. New sales leads through lead generation tools within the campaigns.
You can learn more about AudPop here.
AudNews is the official blog for AudPop.com. AudPop provides filmmakers opportunities to advance their career, a short film library of 10,000+ titles, and a video marketing platform to provide video marketing services for brands, small businesses, nonprofits, studios, and distributors.